Privacy notice for Sewerby Hall and Gardens
What do we use the information for?
We use information gathered to assist in the delivery of a visitor attraction/tourism site on behalf of East Riding of Yorkshire Council. Sewerby Hall and Gardens holds information about individuals and organisations so that they can access the site, take part in activities and remain informed about events.
- We process and retain annual pass holder’s personal information on Fidelity’s Instant Loyalty system.
- We use information for marketing purposes (where the correct data protection consent has been given) by maintaining a database of emails which are used to send a monthly electronic newsletter and other marketing information.
What information do we hold and use?
We collect and process the following information:
- personal information (such as name, address, telephone number and email address) for marketing purposes
- financial data (credit and debit card details) needed to facilitate telephone purchases
On what grounds do we use the information?
We process personal data for the following reasons:
- if you have given consent to the processing of your personal data, for example through the signed agreement on our pass application forms
- if processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into the contract, for example purchasing or renewing an annual pass
We process special categories data for the following reasons:
- you have given explicit consent to the processing of those personal data for one or more specified purposes
How do we collect this information?
The personal data we collect is through an appropriately completed form normally with a section outlining agreement of consent. These include but are not limited to, annual pass applications (both online and paper copies), group visit forms, venue hire forms, trade stand application forms, animal adoption forms, wedding ceremony forms and activity booking forms.
Who we share your information with?
Information is shared with internal council partners only as and when needed and on a limited basis.
How long do we store it and is it secure?
The council has retention schedules in place to ensure that information is only held for as long as it is needed. For information on how long your information will held, visit the retention explained page.
Details of how we keep your information secure are available on the general privacy information page.
What rights do you have?
The rights that you have depend upon the grounds upon which we collected your information. All of the rights you could have outlined on the data protection page. In most cases, people who have been involved with Sewerby Hall and Gardens will have the following rights:
- The right of access - You are entitled to see the information the service holds about you and can request a copy by emailing: email@example.com
- The right to rectification - If you believe any information the service holds about you to be incorrect, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will amend the information accordingly
- The right to erasure/right to be forgotten - All annual pass holders require the information to be held on site for the person; this cannot be deleted whilst the pass is current. Following the cancellation or expiry of a pass, the customer can request the information to be deleted
Where can I find out more?
If you want to know more about how the council uses information, your rights or have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance.
Contact details are available on the general privacy information page.
Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office