Northern Eastern Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authority - Privacy Notice
What do we use the information for?
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Issuing fishing permits
- Collecting fisheries catch and effort data
- Providing up to date information on our activities
- Enforcement and compliance of fisheries regulations
- Recruitment and selection of staff
- Supporting our Authority members.
What information do we hold and use?
We collect and process the following information:
- Personal information such as names, addresses, dates of birth and contact details including email addresses and contact telephone numbers
- Catch and effort data by vessel and PLN (official Port Letters and Number)
- Positional information relating to vessel and PLN
On what grounds do we use the information?
NEIFCA has a legal duty to manage the sustainable exploitation of sea fisheries resources within its district. These are set out in the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009. The Authority cannot deliver this duty without processing personal data.
How do we collect the information?
The information is provided directly from the public via application forms and fisheries inspection reports or gathered directly from officers working on the ground.
Who do we share your information with?
Personal data is only shared with other statutory agencies and organisations for the prevention and or detection of crime.
How long do we store information and is it secure?
NEIFCA has a retention schedule in place to ensure that information is only held for as long as it is needed. For information on how long your information will be held please email: ne-ifca.eastriding.gov.uk
What rights do you have?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) individuals have the right to control the information held about them and how it is used. The rights that you have, depend upon the grounds upon which your information is collected.
All of the rights you could have can be found by emailing: ne-ifca.eastriding.gov.uk
In most cases, people who have been involved with NEIFCA will have the following rights:
- The right of access - You are entitled to see the information we hold about you and can request a copy by emailing us at ne-ifca.eastriding.gov.uk
- The right to rectification - If you believe any information we hold about you to be incorrect, please email ne-ifca.eastriding.gov.uk and we will amend the information accordingly.
- The right to erasure/ right to be forgotten – You have the right to request erasure of your personal information. If you wish to make such a request you should email ne-ifca.eastriding.gov.uk which will be considered against the original grounds upon which your information was collected.
- The right to restrict processing - Should you wish NEIFCA to limit how we use your data please email ne-ifca.eastriding.gov.uk with the reason for your request.
- The right to data portability - Any transfer of personal data under this right would not take place without your consent.
- The right to object - In addition to the right to limit the use of your data, you also have a right to object to the use of your data for certain actions.
Should you exercise your right to object, it will not limit the information you receive from NEIFCA, as we may still be required by law to provide you with certain information. In cases such as this, NEIFCA will take appropriate steps to ensure your request is complied with but that it also fulfils any legal obligation it has to provide you with information or supply services.
Where can I find out more?
If you want to know more about how NEIFCA uses information, your rights or have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance; please email ne-ifca.eastriding.gov.uk.
Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office.